Note: I’ve partnered with Pooch Smooch to bring you this post.
Please tell me you’ve experienced this:
So … you’re sitting back on the couch about to watch The Walking Dead. You’re curled up with a blanket and some peanut M&Ms.
And then it happens.
It’s slight at first, but then DEAR GOD, it hits you like a blast of compressed air! That foul, God-awful, pungent odor that might as well be a decaying squirrel mixed with a skunk’s ass and rotten egg salad.
And then you realize, no, it’s not a Zombie Squirrel hovering over you in the dark. No. It’s your beloved chocolate Goldendoodle, Annabelle.
Let me explain what just happened.
You were hit by DAWG breath!
This is caused by:
- your dog eating something extra smelly (like that zombie squirrel) OR
- bacteria built up on the dog’s teeth, gums and tongue
Yuck! The TONGUE?
Thankfully, some smart people have come up with some solutions for a dog’s “morning breath” and you have a several options such as:
- Brushing your dog’s teeth regularly (not many do this but we all should)
- Regularly giving your pup chews and bones
- Using the Pooch Smooch to clean your dog’s tongue
And that’s why the Pooch Smooch brush exists.
It’s a product that ties a DISGUSTING issue to a fun treat for your dog.
The Pooch Smooch is an odor-eliminating tongue cleaner for dogs!
There are tongue cleaners for people. Why not make them for dogs too?
If your dog would like to try this product, just leave a comment below to enter my giveaway. Let me know why you think your pup should have this product. Click here.
More details on the Pooch Smooch!
It makes sense.
While there are multiple options for cleaning your dog’s teeth, these don’t exactly clean your dog’s tongue.
I mean, I guess you could try to brush your dog’s tongue with a toothbrush, but good luck with that, right?
With the Pooch Smooch, you simply let your dog lick the brush. It’s not meant to replace regular tooth brushing, but it’s designed to be used in addition to brushing the teeth and giving chews or raw bones.
The Pooch Smooch is an easy way to at least get rid of some of that nasty bacteria found on your dog’s tongue.
It is recommended by Dr. Christine Priest, a veterinarian with the VCA Mission Viejo (Calif.) Animal Hospital.
See the video below:
What I like about the Pooch Smooch
- It solves an embarrassing problem, and the company embraces this and has fun with it!
- Using this tongue cleaner is fun for the dog (vs. having his teeth brushed).
- It can be used in addition to other cleaning methods like giving raw bones.
- My dog Ace has tried this and it works to immediately, temporarily decrease his smelly breath. Sort of like if you were to chew on a piece of gum.
What’s not so good
- I would not want someone to think this could be a replacement for brushing a dog’s teeth or giving things to chew on.
- The Pooch Paste needs to be refrigerated after opening. (No big deal. Just something to know.)
- My dog needed a little time to get used to the bristles. It surprised him at first, which was kind of cute. 🙂
Pooch Smooch ordering information
Click here to get the Pooch Smooch & Pooch Paste for just $19.95
If you would like to order a Pooch Smooch, the company is offering a sale. You can get the Pooch Smooch brush and six 3-ounce pouches of Pooch Paste all for $19.95. This is about a six-month supply of the paste. OFFER LIMITED TIME.
Order just the Pooch Paste – $9.99
If you’re interested in just the Pooch Paste, it is available in two 8-ounce packages for $9.99. Click here.
Giveaway – Win a Pooch Smooch for your dog!
*Congrats Daniel S. and Sarah D.!
Just leave a comment below to enter.
Let me know why you think this product could benefit your dog!
I’ll choose two winners at random on Thursday Nov. 12. Must have a U.S. mailing address to win.
Do you think a Pooch Smooch could help your dog?
Let me know in the comments!
How bad is your pup’s breath?!