What is the PAW5 Rock ’N Bowl?
The PAW5 Rock ’N Bowl for dogs is part puzzle and part bowl. It’s designed to make your dog’s meals more challenging and more enriching than a standard bowl (or at least slow them down a bit).
This post is sponsored by PAW5. Leave a comment below to enter to win a Rock ’N Bowl for your dog. 3 winners. *The winners have been selected.
PAW5 Rock ’N Bowl review and giveaway
My thoughts on the Rock ’N Bowl:
I was excited to try this bowl for my 9-month old weimaraner Remy. Anything to challenge him even slightly is a plus!
Turns out the bowl is not much of a puzzle for Remy because the food falls through so easily. What it ends up doing, though, is slowing him down while he eats. The bowl requires him to bump it and push it around a bit as though “foraging.”
“Dogs are wired to forage and hunt for food,” according to PAW5. The bowl helps turn a “30-second, mindless chow down into an engaging, thought-provoking, playtime puzzle.”
What is the cost of a Rock ’N Bowl?
The cost of the Rock ’N Bowl is $29.95. It's available online at www.PAW5.us.
What’s unique about the product?
The bowl is made in the USA with recyclable plastic free of BPA and phthalates, according to the company.
It holds up to 4 cups of food and breaks down into 3 dishwasher-safe parts.
The Rock ’N Bowl is very durable and can handle a lot of pawing, scratching and pushing from my large dogs (Lab mix and weimaraner). Some dogs would be able to chew it, but it’s not designed to be a chew toy.
Pros of the Rock ’N Bowl:
- Makes your dog think for his food
- Works for dogs of all sizes – tiny dogs on up to giant breeds
- Soft coating on bottom so it won’t scratch hardwood floors
- Works well for dogs that “give up” easily on harder puzzles or dogs who need to build confidence
- Perfect for puppies!
- Made with safe materials (BPA and phthalate-free plastic)
- Easy to clean and can also go in the dishwasher! (top shelf)
- Good way to slow down a dog who “inhales” food
- Works well for food-motivated cats who need a “job” (Beamer!)
- Too easy for most dogs to be considered a real challenge or puzzle
- There weren’t any instructions for taking the bowl apart. I didn’t know if I should twist the top off or force it out. Turns out you force it.
- Not designed for treats – it’s more for meals of dry dog food.
Would I buy the Rock ’N Bowl?
No. It’s just too easy for my dogs so it’s not really worth it. I actually like it best for my food-obsessed cat Beamer.
Would I recommend the Rock ’N Bowl to others?
Yes, I would recommend this as a “slow feeder” for a dog who tends to “inhale” his food. I would also recommend it as a nice challenge for a puppy or for dogs who tend to get bored or give up too easily with harder puzzles. I also recommend it if your indoor cat needs a job.
Giveaway – Win a Rock ’N Bowl for your dog or cat
PAW5 is giving away a FREE Rock ’N Bowl to three winners. *The giveaway has ended.
Just leave a comment below so I know your dog or cat wants in on the drawing. Must have a U.S. mailing address to win or you can win for a friend in the U.S.
I’ll choose three winners at random on Saturday Nov. 19 and announce them in Sunday’s email. Get That Mutt’s training emails HERE.
Would your dog or cat like to win a Rock ’N Bowl?
Which of your pets could us this? Let me know!