The Go-Go Dog Pal is an RC car for dogs to chase
Note: This is a paid review. Read more to learn how you can save $20 when you purchase a Go-Go Dog Pal. I’ve also included Amazon affiliate links.
Your dogs are going to love this!
The Go-Go Dog Pal is a heavy-duty, remote-control squirrel for your dog to chase.
I can just picture some of your dogs getting in on the fun. Plus, it’s just as entertaining for the humans. My husband and I had some good laughs watching our 70-pound Lab mix Ace chase the Go-Go Dog Pal around a park. And let’s just say we drew a few spectators.
It’s best if you see the toy in action, so we put together a short video of Ace vs. the Go-Go Dog Pal using our GoPro camera.
More about the Go-Go Dog Pal:
1.The Go-Go Dog Pal is marketed as a dog exercise tool for people with limited mobility, energy or time.
2. I see this as a toy for anyone who wants a fun way to interact with his or her dog.
3. The toy works best on very short grass, packed dirt or paved surfaces, according to GoGoDogPals.com.
4. Each Go-Go Dog Pal is made with long-range operation up to 350 feet and has variable speed control up to at least 20 mph. The toy is about 8 pounds.
After a 10-minute test drive, here’s what we thought:
- Ace loved it, and a lot of other dogs will love it too.
- It’s a great way to channel a dog’s natural prey/chase drive in a positive, constructive way. Our dog went nuts over it!
- The Go-Go Dog Pal has an internal, rechargeable battery. Just plug it in to charge.
- The toy’s outer shell does a really good job protecting the functioning parts of the toy underneath. Trust me, Ace gave it a good beating.
- Most dogs won’t be able to pick up the toy, fit it in their mouths or puncture it (see how Ace couldn’t grab it in the photo? It’s too slick.)
- If your dog is able to break the plastic shell, Go-Go Dog Pals will replace the shell for $10.
- It comes with an extra “tail” which is good because Ace ripped that off in about two minutes.
- The Go-Go Dog Pal comes with a tote bag for storage and carrying.
The not so good
- You have to supply your own batteries for the remote.
- The toy works the best (fastest!) on pavement, but we don’t have a safe, paved area for our dog to run. A tennis court would be a great option.
- Ace was able to catch the toy and flip it onto its back.
- He was also able to scratch the plastic shell.
Which dogs will enjoy a Go-Go Dog Pal?
Probably most dogs!
I’m especially thinking of dogs that just need to chase things – terriers, sporting breeds, herding breeds, hounds. My parents’ springer spaniel comes to mind.
There are also three cairn terriers in my family, and I can imagine they would love to give the Go-Go Dog Pal a good chase. That would be hilarious considering it’s half their size.
Go-Go Dog Pals coupon code and ordering info
The Go-Go Dog Pal toy retails for $229, and there is free shipping. It is available at GoGoDogPals.com directly.
So what do you think? Does your dog love to chase?
The rottie photo and the golden photo are from GoGoDogPals.com.