[frame src=”http://www.thatmutt.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/rg634lb-brn_2-Copy.jpg” target=”_self” width=”676″ height=”408″ alt=”RuffGrip” align=”center” prettyphoto=”false”]
RuffGrip combines best features of quality leather & nylon leashes for the ‘last leash you’ll ever own’
Note: This is a sponsored post. Read more to learn how you can win a RuffGrip dog leash.
A company called RuffGrip recently sent me one of its Premium RuffGrip leashes.
The business claims on its marketing materials that this is the “last leash you’ll ever own.”
That’s quite a statement.
Now, I’m the type of dog owner who always uses a standard, six-foot leather leash. I never imagined I’d use any other leash because I didn’t realize there was a more practical, more comfortable and higher-quality option.
Well, there is, and it’s called the Premium RuffGrip Dog Leash.
More details about the Premium RuffGrip leash
The six-foot Premium RuffGrip Dog Leash sells for $33.95 to $35.95 on its web site, depending on the width you want. That’s a great price for a high-quality leash that will most likely last through several generations of dogs.
The leash is made with water buffalo leather, according to the company. It’s combined with rubber, woven material that won’t slip, because every five inches there are small, leather bands or “stops.” These are meant to give your fingers something to grab when you want to shorten the leash.
I really had no idea what I was missing until I tried this leash out.
I love the way the leash feels in my hands. My 70-pound Lab mix is well trained, but he can be a strong “puller” in certain situations. The RuffGrip leash really does give me more control than a standard leather leash due to the material and the leather “stops.”
I know it’s hard to believe, but this leash truly is the best leash I’ve ever used, and it looks good, too. (It would make a great gift for dog lovers.)
[quote_center]”We really do want this to be the last dog leash you ever have to buy. Unless you get a second or third dog. Then you’ll be back for another!”[/quote_center]
According to RuffGrip, the leash:
1. will out perform any leash you’ve ever owned.
2. works well in rain, snow, extreme cold and heat – won’t crack or get tacky.
3. is made from rot-resistant water buffalo leather.
4. is perfect for controlling dogs that pull.
5. is endorsed by professional dog trainer Pat Miller, training editor of the Whole Dog Journal.
Is there anything not so good about this leash?
- Like all leather leashes, it takes the RuffGrip leash some time to soften up and get flexible. No big deal.
- The leash also has a slight “leather” odor (Hello! It’s made from leather, after all!). I’m not a fan of that smell, but I know it will fade a bit with time.
- The price may be a bit high for someone who can’t afford $35+ for a leash. Still, it’s totally worth it if you can swing it, because you really won’t have to buy another leash unless you add another dog to your family! 🙂
Would you like to win a free RuffGrip leash for your dog?
RuffGrip is giving away a free leash to two lucky readers of That Mutt. The first leash is the six-foot, Premium RuffGrip Dog Leash. It is available for small, medium and large dogs and comes in brown or black.
The second leash is the RuffGrip Basic Leash. This leash is similar to the premium leash. It just doesn’t have the plush handle, and the “stops” are every 15 inches instead of every five.
To enter the drawing, leave a comment below saying why you’d like to try a RuffGrip leash. Must have a U.S. mailing address to win. I will choose the two winners at random on Friday July 25. *Congrats to Rachel@MyTwoPitties (premium leash) and SlimDoggy (basic leash)!
If you’d like to purchase a RuffGrip leash, check them out at RuffGrip.com.
So, what’s your favorite type of dog leash?
*all images from RuffGrip.com