MIU Pet shower review
Note: That Mutt and MIU PET have partnered to bring you this review.
I have a big 70-pound mutt named Ace.
I bathe him at home because it saves me some money compared to going to a professional groomer (roughly $55 for a bath/brush and nails).
However, I think you can all relate to my struggle of trying to bathe my dog myself!
So … I’m either filling up the tub, doing my best to get the top of my dog’s back wet by pouring water over him with a bucket. Then I lather him up, wait 10 minutes for the tub to drain … only to fill it back up to try to rinse him! Takes forever!
OR … I just say to hell with it and jump in the shower naked with my dog! This is super embarrassing, but believe me it’s just easier sometimes!
Not exactly ideal.
And then of course there’s the option of washing the dog outside with the hose, but then you’re dealing with seriously COLD water.
So what’s the solution?
How about a pet shower tool that attaches right to your sink faucet or shower?
MIU PET Shower Review:
I highly recommend this product if you bathe your dog at home. It makes doggy bath time so much easier! And it’s worth it for the price, just $21.99 on Amazon.
To use the pet shower, you simply attach it in your actual shower or to a sink faucet (if you have a small dog). The product makes it easy to rinse and lather your dog, and it has a quick on/off toggle for both convenience and saving water.
It also dispenses shampoo, allowing you to rinse and lather your dog with one hand while you pet or hold him still with the other. You determine when to use shampoo with a push of a button. You just fill it up ahead of time with your desired shampoo.
Some of the pet shower’s key functions:
- Multi-functional for rinsing, lathering and massaging the coat
- Compatible with most shower heads, sink faucets or outdoor use (comes with multiple adapters to fit most faucets)
- Ergonomically designed for easy grip and comfort
- Easy to install (I did it!)
- Allows you to bathe your dog with one hand while you hold him or pet him with the other
What I like about the pet shower from MIU PET:
- Fits almost any faucet and comes with adapters, and it’s easy to install.
- Works for big or small dogs (or cats).
- Great product for a great price, just $21.99 on Amazon.
- It’s easy to add shampoo so your dog’s coat gets a nice lather.
As you can see, poor Ace is thrilled to have a bath! 🙂
What’s not so good about this pet shower:
- The on/off toggle for turning the water on/off didn’t work as smoothly as I’d prefer. It’s slightly tricky and sticks (although, not a big deal).
Important things to know about this pet shower:
First, if you plan to install the pet shower in your shower, it’s helpful to have a diverter (not sold through MIU PET). That way you don’t have to remove the actual shower head every time you want to bathe your dog.
We just happened to have a diverter installed already because we used to have a small washing machine hooked up through the shower. Score!
Second, the hose is a great length at 7 feet and 7 inches.
Consider the pet shower tool if:
1. You’re already bathing your dog at home and need an easy way to get his coat properly rinsed.
2. You have a dog that tends to get muddy paws and you need an easy way to rinse him in the tub.
3. You’re sick of filling up the tub for your dog’s baths and using a bucket to pour water over him!
4. You need an easy way to bathe your dog at home between professional groomings.
Does your dog have a shedding problem?
Don’t forget about the MIU Pet deshedding brush I reviewed earlier this year.
If you brush your dog before bathing him, there’ll be less fur to clean up and less fur clogging your drains!
Giveaway – Win a FREE Pet Shower from MIU PET – five winners
*This giveaway has ended. Congrats to the winners.
Would you like to win this product? Just leave a comment below to enter my giveaway. Let me know, how difficult is it for you to bathe your dog at home?
To leave a comment, you’ll just need to leave your name and an email address.
I’ll choose FIVE winners at random on Wed March 16. Must have a U.S. mailing address to win.
Never commented before? Make today your first comment! 🙂 You can also email me at Lindsay@ThatMutt.com if you have any questions.
Would you use the MIU PET shower?
Let me know in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links.