My dogs Ace and Remy got to try the Wellness CORE dry dog food as well as two types of treats from Wellness (the Marrow Roasts and the Pure Rewards).
These are all grain-free products made without meat by-products and without artificial preservatives, dyes or flavors.
This post is sponsored by Wellness.
Wellness is giving away a FREE Prize Pack to TWO readers of That Mutt.
Each winner will receive two 4-pound bags of Wellness CORE dry dog food and a bag of each of the treats I mentioned.
Leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. Drawing will take place Saturday March 18. Click here. *The winners have been chosen and notified.
Wellnesss CORE review – dry dog food and treats
My thoughts on the Wellness CORE products:
Wellness CORE is a grain-free line of food for dogs and cats including dry food, canned food, treats and air-dried raw food. In this post, we’re focusing on the dry dog food and the treats.
The dry food from Wellness CORE is actually my go-to dry dog food brand so Ace and Remy are very familiar with Wellness CORE. They love it!
I often feed my dogs raw food, but I always have dry dog food on hand. Wellness CORE is my top choice; we have it on autoship with Chewy.
The Pure Rewards treats and the Marrow Roasts treats are grain-free treats made in the USA and high in protein.
- The Pure Rewards are soft (easy to tear) and perfect for doggie training sessions.
- The Marrow Roasts (pictured below) are soft biscuits perfect as a single reward or to stuff in a medium or small Kong.
Ace and Remy love both these treats but really went nuts over the Pure Rewards.
Your dogs can try these treats too. Just leave a comment below to enter our giveaway!
What is the cost?
Wellness CORE products are available online through Chewy.com, Petco, PetSmart, Amazon and more.
You can also purchase directly at a Petco or PetSmart location. I prefer to order my dry dog food through Chewy.com and prices there are roughly:
- Pure Rewards treats: $6.99 per 4-ounce bag
- Marrow Roasts treats: $3.99 per 8-ounce bag
- CORE Dry dog food: $10 to $58 depending on if you buy a 4, 12 or 26-pound bag
What’s unique about Wellness CORE?
There are a lot of dog food companies out there. Some I trust. Some I don’t. Wellness is a brand I trust.
While it’s always good to read through the list of ingredients on any dog food or treats, I know everything in the Wellness CORE products are healthy for my dogs and cats.
I’ve been using the brand for a long time. When I lived in Fargo, the locally owned natural pet food store carried Wellness products long before Petco and PetSmart offered healthier options. Wellness has a good reputation and is transparent. You can’t go wrong with that.
Pros of Wellness CORE dry food and treats:
- Real meat as the first ingredients
- Made with real, pronounceable and recognizable ingredients
- Grain free (dogs generally don’t need grains)
- Uses natural preservatives
- Contains no animal by-products
- The marketing on the packaging is accurate to the actual ingredients!
- Easily available online and at Petco and PetSmart
- Re-sealable packaging on the food and treats
- The price of the food will be a bit higher if you’re used to a lesser-quality brand.
- Wellness offers so many food options overall (CORE is just one line) that it’s easy to get overwhelmed! I’ve stuck with the CORE line and have been happy with it.
Would I buy this food?
Yes, I already buy the Wellness CORE dry food for my dogs. I plan to keep buying it as it is my “go to” dry dog food brand. They also make dry and canned food for cats, for anyone interested.
Would I recommend Wellness CORE to others?
Yes. Wellness is a brand I trust, and I’ve fed their dry and canned food to my pets for years. I recommend the CORE products because I know the majority of dog owners prefer to feed dry dog food and this is a high-quality option. The food is grain free (no corn, soy, etc.), high in protein and made with high-quality ingredients.
Enter our giveaway below if your dogs would like to try Wellness CORE products!
Giveaway – Win two bags of dog food and two bags of treats!
*The winners have been chosen and notified.
Wellness is giving away a FREE prize pack to TWO readers. Just leave a comment below to enter.
Each winner will receive:
- Two 4-pound bags of Wellness CORE dry dog food
- A bag of Wellness CORE Pure Rewards treats
- A bag of Wellness CORE Marrow Roasts treats
Just leave a comment below to enter. Let me know why your dog is interested in the treats or food from Wellness.
Must have a U.S. mailing address to win. I’ll choose the winners at random on Saturday March 18 and announce them in That Mutt’s email on Sunday. Sign up for That Mutt’s email digest HERE.
Everyone signed up for the $7 reward or higher on That Mutt’s Patreon page receives automatic entries into ALL giveaways. There are still 4 spots remaining. Click here.
Would your dog like to try Wellness CORE products?
Let us know in the comments!