$900. That’s the amount of money DogNation.net will donate to shelter dogs through the upcoming Best Friend’s Friend Contest.
I’ve partnered up with Dog Nation in previous years because my readers do a lot of work with rescue dogs. This year, I want to remind you of the chance to nominate your favorite shelter or rescue group to win a $500 donation.
This post is sponsored by Dog Nation.
The prizes (awarded through online voting):
All winners will receive a digital medal (like the one pictured) to display on the shelter’s own site. The first place winner will receive a permanent link to its website from Dog Nation.
Another nice benefit is the donation is made in the name of the person who nominated the group.
How to nominate a rescue or shelter:
Anyone can make a nomination. You don’t have to be a shelter volunteer or employee.
It takes about 90 seconds:
1. Go to DogNation.net’s nomination page here.
2. Enter the name and website of the rescue or shelter. Must be a certified nonprofit (typically 501c3).
3. Type a short description on why you’re nominating that group.
4. Enter your own name and email for contact purposes.
5. Check your email to click on a confirmation link.
The online voting process:
All three winners will be chosen through online voting.
I’ll send out an email after the voting gets started Jan. 1! Anyone can vote for one entry up to once per day Jan. 1 through Feb. 28. So, encourage your friends to vote!
The winners will be announced around March 1.
If you have questions or issues with the nomination process, you can email me, Lindsay@ThatMutt.com.
- Nominations going on now through Dec. 31
- Voting takes place January and February
- Winners announced early March
Ready to make a nomination?
Please do, and then leave a comment to let us know which group you support.
I nominated Labs and More Rescue of San Diego because of the work it does to rescue Labs, Lab mixes and other large dogs from regional shelters that still kill dogs for space.
The group often takes in senior dogs, pregnant dogs or mother dogs with newborn puppies.
Which group will you nominate?
Find more general info on the contest here.