The Farmer’s Dog is a new company focused on making dogs healthier by delivering freshly cooked, human-grade dog food.
On their website you just answer some questions and they create a custom meal plan specifically for your dog. All meals arrive pre-portioned and ready to serve.
You receive perfectly timed shipments to ensure you never run out of food and you can adjust or cancel your plan at any time.
This post is sponsored by The Farmer’s Dog.
The Farmer’s Dog Review
This is a great concept, and it solves a couple of problems dog lovers regularly face. For example:
1. Most dog owners want to feed the highest-quality food they can afford without having to cook it themselves.
2. It’s a pain to go out and buy huge bags of dry food every month, haul them inside and store them.
3. More and more dog owners are skeptical of dry/processed kibble but they’re not comfortable or interested in feeding raw dog food. Fresh, homecooked food is a good alternative.
The Farmer’s Dog cooks fresh food for your dog and delivers to your home. It’s made with USDA human grade ingredients and pre-portioned out for your dog according to weight, breed, activity level, etc.
It’s healthy and it’s convenient!
Not surprisingly, this type of dog food does cost more than kibble, which is to be expected given that it’s made with high-quality, human-grade ingredients and delivered fresh on dry ice. I found that it’s similar in price to many of the raw dog food brands I’ve purchased.
What is the cost of The Farmer’s Dog?
The cost varies depending on the size of your dog, or course. It can start at as little as $11 per week. If this sounds too expensive, you can reach out to their customer service team with your budget and they’ll try to work with you! Get started HERE.
To give you an example, the cost to feed my 68-pound Lab mix The Farmer’s Dog for one week is about $60.
The first time you order, The Farmer’s Dog will send you two weeks’ worth of food for the price of one and FREE shipping. This is designed so you can see the benefits and make sure the food is right for your dog. Then you would set up your own delivery schedule so you never run out of food.
If you’re curious on the details of the exact cost for your dog, it’s easiest if you fill out a quick profile HERE so you can see a sample meal plan for your dog’s needs and the cost.
What’s unique about The Farmer’s Dog?
The Farmer’s Dog is unique because it delivers fresh, cooked dog food right to your door that is personalized for your dog’s nutritional profile. When you fill out your dog’s profile, you’ll be asked about age, size, activity, breed, allergies, any health concerns and more.
The food is made without any preservatives and is delivered on dry ice. Ingredients are human grade, and the company ships directly to customers.
Also, if you’re on a budget the company will work with customers on options so they can mix fresh food in with their dogs’ current food or use as a topper.
Pros of The Farmer’s Dog:
- Food is fresh and delivered right to your door!
- Meals are pre-portioned per day so it’s easy to serve
- Made with USDA human-grade ingredients
- No preservatives
- The meals are tailored to your dog’s needs. You fill out a profile for your dog & can adjust as needed. For example, we figured out Ace’s portions were likely too high in calories so after two weeks we could decrease the portions for the next delivery.
- The price is higher than most of us are used to spending on dog food
- There isn’t an option for cats
I would recommend this food for …
I would recommend this food for someone who is interested in feeding their dog high-quality fresh food without having to cook the food or go out and buy the ingredients.
It’s truly so convenient that meals are automatically shipped to your door at your convenience (delivered on dry ice). It’s a nice option for someone looking for a more natural diet for their dog but who is not necessarily interested in feeding raw dog food.
I would consider purchasing this food for my dogs and using it on a rotation basis.
Would your dog like to try food from The Farmer’s Dog?
Let us know in the comments!