That Mutt helps a new shelter dog each month
UPDATE: Otis has been adopted!
ThatMutt.com raises money to help sponsor a shelter dog each month.
For the month of January, the dog was Gemini, a pitbull/Lab mix with the Humane Society Fargo-Moorhead in Fargo, N.D. She has an adoption in the works! Congrats, Gemini!
For the month of February, the dog is Otis, a pug/beagle mix with Priceless Pet Rescue in Chino Hills, Calif. You can donate to Otis’ adoption donation fee using the PayPal button below. The goal is to raise $150, the cost of his entire adoption fee.
Sponsoring the adoption donation fee of a dog helps in multiple ways:
- It spreads the word about that particular shelter. If I didn’t write about Otis this month, most of you would not know about Priceless Pet Rescue.
- The money goes to the shelter even if the dog hasn’t been adopted yet, which means sometimes the shelter gets the dog’s adoption donation fee in advance. In Otis’ case, this will be especially helpful because he requires medication to prevent seizures.
- If the dog is sponsored, it draws more attention to that individual dog.
- If the dog is for adoption at a reduced cost, the dog may be more likely to get adopted faster. This is a win for everyone involved!
- It allows a lucky adopter to adopt a dog at a reduced cost and to be able to spend the money on other costs associated with the dog’s care such as supplies, training and veterinary bills.
I love bringing people together each month to help make a difference for a dog in need. It’s just one small way we can make a big difference for individual dogs.
If you know of a shelter that would like to participate in March or April, email me at Lindsay@ThatMutt.com.