Note: This post is sponsored by Mighty Paw, a company that designs products that make it easier to walk your dog. Use code: MP20Mutt for 20% off everything in its Amazon store!
What is the Mighty Paw Treat Pouch?
The pouch comes with a reflective belt so you can wear it around your waist and keep your hands free. The pouch has two separate pockets on the front and back, in addition to the main treat area—which holds 2 cups of treats.
Mighty Paw Treat Pouch Review
My thoughts on the Mighty Paw Treat Pouch:
We don’t do a lot of treat training with Baxter, but I’ve considered a treat pouch to help us work on his recall.
When we were testing this treat pouch we had a big success one early morning walk when he was distracted by a rustle in the trees—“maybe it’s a raccoon!”
I called him to me, he came right away, and I was able to reward him quickly with a yummy treat. Normally, this situation would turn into tug o’ war with the leash.
Even if I don’t use it for treats, the pouch was so helpful for all of the other things I carry with me on a hike. I never travel light. At a minimum, I have my phone, keys and poop bags. The Mighty Paw Treat Pouch gave me a place to stash everything without overloading my pockets.
A treat pouch can be helpful to work on training when you’re out and about or encouraging your dog to stay close when off-leash.
What is the cost of a Mighty Paw Treat Pouch?
The Mighty Paw Treat Pouch is $17.95 through its Amazon store.
Use code: MP20Mutt for 20% off all Mighty Paw products.
What’s unique about the Mighty Paw Treat Pouch?
I don’t have a lot of experience with treat pouches, but Mighty Paw seems to pay attention to the little details that can make life easier.
The pouch and the belt both have extra loops where you can hook on keys, the poop bag holder or other items. The front pocket has an “outlet” to pull your poop bags through.
Overall, the bag and belt seem to be well-made and of durable material. It is described as weatherproof, although we didn’t put that to the test, and there is reflective stitching on the belt.
Pros of the Mighty Paw Treat Pouch:
- Having treats on hand helps you to work on training any time
- Not too big, not too small—big enough to hold everything you need for a walk with your dog, but not too bulky that it is heavy or gets in the way
- Extra pockets hold essential items like keys or your phone and separate them from the treats
- Washable (although I did use a Ziploc inside the pouch to hold the treats)
- Sturdy materials and well-made
- Keeps your hands free for walking, running or leash holding
- The drawstring top will not keep treats fresh. So you should empty it after your walks (or use a Ziploc like I did).
- The waist belt is adjustable from 26-42” so if you’re above or below that measurement you may need an alternative.
- Because of all of the extra loops and hooks on the waist belt, it took a bit of time to adjust. So I would suggest this is a one person, one belt pouch (unless you and your fellow dog walker are the same size—my husband and I are not).
Would I buy the Mighty Paw Treat Pouch?
Yes. I would buy the Mighty Paw Treat Pouch. With the amount of hiking we do, I’m always looking for something to hold my and Baxter’s “stuffs.” This pouch does that easily.
Would I recommend the Mighty Paw Treat Pouch to others?
Yes. Mighty Paw Treat Pouch is a good option if you do a lot of treat training. It’s a reasonable size and easy to carry. Even if you don’t use it for treats, it’s helpful to hold some small items when you’re out with your dog.
Giveaway – Win a FREE Mighty Paw Treat Pouch (5 winners)
Mighty Paw is giving away a treat pouch to five lucky readers. (Must have a U.S. mailing address to win.)
To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment below to let us know how a treat pouch would make your life easier.
Lindsay will choose five winners at random on Friday Sept. 16.
How would the Mighty Paw treat pouch make your life easier?
Let us know in the comments!
Julia Thomson is a regular contributor to That Mutt.