My dog Remy has been eating a 100% raw diet from Darwin’s Natural Pet Products for a couple of weeks now. He LOVES his new food!
I’m excited to be partnering with Darwin’s because I believe they are truly one of the best raw dog food companies out there.
This post is sponsored by Darwin’s Natural Pet Products.
We have a giveaway going on! Just leave a comment at the end of this post for your chance to win a month’s worth of raw dog food from Darwin’s + several other goodies! Update: The winner has been chosen. Congrats to Janice K.!
If you’d like to go ahead and order some food from Darwin’s, they have an awesome trial offer going on. You can get 10 pounds of food for just $14.95! No code required. Click here.
Darwin’s Raw Dog Food Review
The reason some people choose to feed their dogs a raw diet is because we believe it is a more natural and healthy way for dogs to eat.
What is a raw dog food diet?
Feeding your dog or cat a raw diet means to feed him just that – fresh food consisting of raw muscle meat, raw organ meat, raw bones and sometimes raw fruits and veggies. You know, fresh, real food vs. dry, processed nuggets.
Cooking the food destroys most of the vital enzymes and vitamins in the ingredients, which is why raw is the way to go. Plus, dogs are meat eaters! Their jaws, teeth and digestive systems are obviously designed to eat raw meat and bones.
I believe pets can do OK eating dry dog food or canned food, but a raw diet is the healthiest way to go for almost all dogs.
What I think of the raw dog food from Darwin’s
There are five main reasons why I love feeding Darwin’s to my dog Remy:
1. Convenience. Darwin’s delivers ground, frozen raw dog food to your door every two weeks with an auto-ship plan. The food is delivered in a box with dry ice, and the food is pre-portioned in 8-ounce pouches. Their auto-ship plans are flexible if you ever need to adjust, pause or cancel your plan.
2. Affordable. The raw food from Darwin’s is one of the most affordable pre-made raw dog food brands available. Of course, healthy food is always going to cost more, so Darwin’s offer a few options:
3. Top quality ingredients. Darwin’s uses USDA certified human grade ingredients from United Sates and Australia. The food contains no steroids, hormones, chemical preservatives, grain or artificial substitutes.
4. Safe. Darwin’s makes its food fresh and then immediately freezes the food in vacuum-sealed packages.
Plus, my dog Remy is so happy when I serve him his meals! He absolutely loves Darwin’s!
Pros of Darwin’s Raw Dog Food
- Convenient home delivery on auto-ship
- Pre-portioned in 8-ounce pouches
- Balanced raw meals
- Pouches are easy to store in your freezer
- USDA certified human grade ingredients
- Premium line available with free-range meat + organic veggies
- Several protein options available (chicken, beef, turkey, lamb, duck)
- Raw bones are ground in with the meat
- Raw duck necks available upon request (non-ground)
You can get 10 pounds of food for just $14.95! No code required. Click here.
Of course, high-quality raw food costs more than dry food
Also, Darwin’s may not be for you if you prefer to feed your dog whole raw bones vs. bones that are ground in with the meat. However, Darwin’s does offer raw duck necks that are great and safe for dogs to crunch on!
What is the cost? Plus a special trial offer!
The economical line called “ZooLogics” starts at $3.49 per pound. This is much more affordable than most other brands and uses only human grade ingredients.
Their premium “Natural Selections” line starts at $4.39 per pound and uses free-range meats and organic vegetables.
Special offer: You can get 10 pounds of food for just $14.95! No code required. Click here to learn more.
Darwin’s is a great way to begin feeding your dog a raw diet until you are comfortable making your own meals. It’s also a great way to supplement a homemade raw diet so you don’t have to make every single meal.
Example of the ingredients in Darwin’s raw dog food – chicken
Darwin’s lists out all of the ingredients of each line and flavor of food on its website and of course on the packaging too. Here is an example of the raw chicken diet Remy is eating (all meat is free range and all veggies are organic):
Chicken Meat, Chicken Necks (including bone), Chicken Gizzards, Chicken Livers, Chicken Hearts, Yams, Romaine Lettuce, Carrots, Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Celery, and Parsley, Organic Flaxseed Oil, Sea Salt, Inulin, Cod Liver Oil, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Vitamin E, Manganese Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate and Iodine.
Other products available:
- Kidney support formula
- Liver support formula
- Cancer support formula
- Joint and musculoskeletal support formula
Read our blog post about the cancer support formula from That Mutt’s writer Barbara here: Darwin’s cancer support formula
*Giveaway! Win a month’s worth of Darwin’s raw food!*
Update: The winner has been chosen and notified. Congrats to Janice K.!
Darwin’s is giving away a month’s worth of raw dog food to one winner in the U.S. To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment below so I know your dog wants IN on the drawing. Let me know, do you currently feed your dog a raw diet? Or are you interested in doing so?
The winner will receive one month’s worth of fresh, raw food for one pet! Plus, Darwin’s may include some additional surprises such as treats, a tote bag and a key chain!
I’ll choose the winner at random on Tues Nov. 6. I’ll notify the winner by email and announce him or her here on this post. Must have a U.S. mailing address. Darwin’s ships to all 50 states.
Would your pup like to try Darwin’s raw dog food?
Let us know in the comments!